Free 10 USDT For You!

[UTME] WHAT MY FATHER DID TO ME



My younger brother and I registered for UTME 2023. We were to write at the same venue, and were coincidentally appointed same seat number 213. But he wrote on Monday and I did on Tuesday.


On Sunday night, we went to our father to bless us. He is a Juju man. Strong one. 


Boheje, my younger brother went in first and father vigorously chanted incantations for him. 


I went in, half way through the door, with one leg in and another out. I met his scornful look and I got the message, I left the room. 


Father was still angry with me for killing one of three fowls that were brought to him for sacrifice. I had prepared peppered-chicken with it for my girlfriend on the 14th day of the second month of the year. 


When he found out, he swore that I would fail my examinations.


When I left his room that Sunday night, I stopped reading, what need? I will fail after all. 

Results were out days later but I didn't check mine until Saturday the following week.


Eyes wide open. Mouths the same. Phone dropped on the floor. Hands on my head.


How come? I scored 276.

I passed. No? I surpassed!!


I ran to father and had a good laugh at him, his curse failed. He looked at me. Started with a slight  movement on the left side of his lips. Then a small smile. Then a broad one. Then a chuckle. 


Finally, a full and loud laughter.

He opened his mouth and spoke, "Men carry spirits around. Some, good spirits, others, the opposite. These spirits are like the scents of body sprays that follow a person around. This scent is contagious. 


I didn't forgive you, neither did my curse fail. Or maybe it did. Your brother's guiltlessness carries a scent of GRACE around. 


His scent of GRACE is so strong that when you sat on the same seat number 213 as he did the previous day, that GRACE covered you and overcame my curse."


I bowed my head to the ground and said tearfully,

"Despite my failings, GRACE found me"


#FICTION


My name is Eru Confidence and I write the most amazing fiction stories you'll ever read 🙂🙂